IIT JAM APPLICATION PROCEDURE, RANK AND MERIT LIST
Candidates can apply for JAM only through an online application process at JAM website http://www.iitg.ernet.in/jam or http://www.iitg.ac.in/jam .
- Fee is non refundable. Female 750 for single & 1050 for two papers. General category 1500 & 2100 and SC/ST/PwD 750 & 1050 respectively.
- Only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
- The candidate should upload the following files/documents to the application website:
- A high quality image of the candidate’s photograph, as per the requirements.
- A good quality image of the candidate’s signature, as per the requirements.
- A good quality scanned image of SC/ST/PwD certificates, if applicable (in JPEG/PDF format).
- The application fee can be paid either online or through challan via State Bank of India.
- Rank List For each test paper in JAM 2015, an All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned to all the appeared candidates based on the performance of the candidates in the test paper. Tie-Breaking: The tie-breaking criterion for awarding the ranks to candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper will be as follows: The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a higher rank. If this criterion fails to break ties, the candidates concerned will be awarded the same rank.
- All India Merit list will be prepared based on AIR. The number of candidates included in the All India Merit List will depend on the total number of seats available in each category in a given subject. These candidates (henceforth called Qualified Candidates) are eligible to apply for admission to any of the corresponding academic programmes available at IISc and IITs. The category-wise lists (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) of qualified candidates in a JAM test paper will be prepared based on the category declared by the candidates in their application forms.
[formget formcode=’kKEE-102035/i’ autoresize=’true’ height=’844′ tab=’tabbed’ tabtext=’QUICK ENQUIRY’ position=’bottom’ bgcolor=’7a0b0b’]