About CSIR Exam
CSIR UGC NET 2018 is expected to be held in June 2018. The exam will be conducted to offer Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship to the qualified candidates in major universities of India. Applications for UGC NET 2018 will be invited at its official website starting from February 2018. Admit Cards cab be downloaded in the first week of June 2018. Merit list would be updated on CSIR website.
This exam is conducted by University Grants Commission in offline mode at different exam centres, the exam is held twice yearly for post graduates obtaining 50% marks or above.
Highlights for CSIR UGC NET 2018
|Exam Name||CSIR UGC NET|
|Conducting Body||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research|
|Exam Type||National Level Examination|
|Exam Date||June 17, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks in qualifying examination|
|Age limit for JFR: 28 years No age limit for Lectureship|
|Mode of Application||Online|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Important Dates
The applications for CSIR UGC NET 2018 can be filled on the official website starting from February 2018. Admit Card for the successfully registered candidates will be provided in the first week of June 2018. As we mentioned earlier, the exam is scheduled for multiple dates in June 2018. Result of the exam is expected to be released in June/July 2018. Following are the important dates for CSIR UGC NET Exam.
|Online application process starts from||January 2018|
|Issue of e-admit card||June 2018|
|Date of MCQ Examination||June 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for CSIR UGC NET 2018
CSIR have specified certain eligibility requirements which must be met by the candidates in order to appear for CSIR UGC NET 2018 exam. Following are the eligibility conditions:
- M.Sc or an equivalent degree / Integrated BS-MS / BS – 4 years / BE / B. Tech / B. Pharma / MBBS.
- Minimum Marks: 55% marks for General Candidates (50% for SC / ST / physically and visually handicapped candidates)
- Qualifying Exam 1: M.Sc or those who have completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam 2: BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or candidates enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program can apply as well.
- Qualifying Exam 3: Bachelor’s degree / enrolled for PhD / Integrated PhD programme
- Qualifying Exam 4: PhD degree holders, who have passed Master’s degree before September 19, 1991 with minimum 50% marks, are eligible to apply for only Lectureship.
- For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF NET): Candidates should be a maximum of 28 years of age as on 01-01-2018. The upper age limit can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC / ST / OBC-NCL / Physically or Visually handicapped and female candidates.
Exception: For Lectureship (NET): There is no upper age limit.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Application Form
The Application for CSIR UGC NET 2018 can be filled via online mode only. All the processes including Pre-exam stages and post exam announcements will be carried out on the official website. Here’s how you can apply for the ace exam.
- Go to the CSIR official website.
- Ensure your eligibility as per the mentioned criteria.
- Register with your email ID and contact number and system will auto generate unique registration number post successful registration.
- Use the registration number and other details to login and complete the application form.
- Enter the required details such as personal details, educational history and family background. Details required to be filled in CSIR UGC NET 2018 Application Form are listed below:
|Personal Information||Education History||Family Background|
|Name||Class X Marks||Parent/Guardians’ Name|
|Date of Birth||Class XII Marks||Parent/Guardians’ Income|
|Sex||Graduation Marks||Category (General/SC/OBC)|
You need to upload your recent passport size colour photo and signature. Here are few instructions which candidate should follow while uploading images
- Photo Size: 10 Kb to 100 Kb
- Photograph Background: White, Photograph having a white background with clearly mentioned name of the candidate along with the date of taking photograph.
- Photograph Date: Photo must be taken on or after Jan 01, 2018.
- In photograph candidate should not have worn cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if used regularly.
Here are some points that must be kept in mind while attaching your recent scanned signature. We recommend to use 72 DPI Resolution for image & signature image.
- Signature image size: Up to 20 Kb
- Right-hand index finger impression size: Up to 20 Kb
- Image Format: JPEG only
- Signature Background: White
- Application Fee in CSIR UGC NET can be paid through Challan or NEFT. The application Fee for each category is listed below
|Category||CSIR UGC NET 2018 Application Fee|
|General Candidates||INR 1000|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card for CSIR UGC NET will be published at the official website from first week of June 2018. The Admit Cards will not be sent by post and candidates must have to download them from the website. Here’s how you can download your CSIR UGC NET Admit Card.
- Visit Official website of CSIR.
- Click on the link: “Download Admit Card/Hall Ticket here”.
- Enter the required details.
- Verify all the information mentioned on the Admit Card
- Download and save your CSIR UGC NET Admit Card
- Obtain hard copy for future reference.
Admit Card is the most important document to be carried at the Exam Center. However, it must be supported with a valid photo id issued by the government of India preferably ID issued by central government e.g. Aadhar Card/Passport/Voter ID etc..
Pattern for CSIR UGC NET 2018 Exam
CSIR UGC NET exam is conducted for research and fellowship in science streams. The exam will be conducted in offline mode for a duration of 3 hours. The exam will be conducted in two sessions viz. morning and evening sessions. Following is the pattern for CSIR UGC NET Exam.
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper mode|
|Format of exam||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Session Timings||Morning Session – 9 AM to 12 PM & Evening Session – 2 PM to 5 PM|
|List of Subjects||Life Sciences Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences Mathematical Sciences Chemical Sciences Physical Sciences|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Cut Off
The cut off marks for CSIR UGC NET is the minimum marks required to get shortlisted for fellowships. Cut Off marks is expected to be declared separately for each subject. The cut off is devised considering numerous factors including,
- Total candidates
- Total seats
- Difficulty level of the question paper.
The previous year cut off for CSIR UGC NET can indicate the exam trends and help candidates understand the upcoming exam cut off. The expected CSIR UGC NET 2017 Cut Off data is provided below.
|SC / ST||100||90|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Result
The Result will be published in form of merit list at the official website. It will be published differently for each stream. The merit list will comprise names of qualified candidates with their ranks.
- Visit Result section on the official CSIR website. (we will update link after csir result)
- Enter your roll number, date of birth and security code and press submit to view result.
The exam conducting body will release 2 separate merit lists for JRF NET and LS NET stream. It is expected to specify details about the candidates such as:
- Roll Number
- Rank obtained
- Marks secured
The merit list is prepared on the basis of performance of candidates in CSIR exam. Those who qualify LS NET will be deemed eligible for JRF only in a Scheme or Project. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRF NET Fellowship. The results would be valid for next two years, within which the candidate can join the CSIR fellowship. After completion of two years, Result of the candidates will be considered invalid for admission to fellowships.